About Mitchell's Journey
The Mitchell's Journey Foundation is a 501(c)(3) dedicated to offering tools for hope and healing for families and individuals dealing with catastrophic circumstances.
Our secondary mission is to raise awareness of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, its fatal outcomes and help families where we can.
The preservation of family:
We seek to help families find ways to strengthen their relationships with each other. We do this through a variety of workshops, information packets and storytelling on our blog.
Offer hope during catastrophic loss:
We offer help to families who are struggling to cope with grief and other forms of trauma.
Supporting Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD):
Mitchell’s Journey creates global awareness of DMD, provides financial support for clinical research, as well as providing material support to local families who are desperate of help.
- DMD is 100% fatal.
- It is estimated there are over 1,400 families in Utah affected by muscular dystrophy.
History of Mitchell's Journey
Founded in 2013
Our foundation began when we lost our 10-year-old son in 2013 to Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a catastrophic muscle wasting disease that is fatal. Since his passing, Mitchell’s Journey has been a daily beacon of hope and light for hundreds of thousands of people across the world. We hope that you become part of this growing light by helping us help others.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Mitchell's Journey Facts
- Mitchell’s Journey is the world’s largest DMD blog.
- In 2015, more than 85 million people were influenced by Mitchell’s Journey through reading stories of hope, faith and family.
- In 2015, Mitchell’s Journey supported 6 local families with material support.
- In 2015, we sponsored a few MDA Summer Camp Activities in Utah. In 2016 we sponsored ALL MDA Summer Camp Activities in Utah.
- We do not have paid staff and operate by volunteers
Nothing quite changes a person than serving others. Whether you are struggling with grief or simply want to find a way to give back, you can get involved with Mitchell's Journey in a number of ways.